Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Markets


Allison and I planned to spend Monday in Nurnberg - a two hour and fifteen minute drive from Frankfurt.  Nurnberg boasts the biggest and oldest Christmas market in Germany along with other sites such as the former Nazi Rally Grounds.  We opted to focus on the amazing ornaments, German "smokers", and more gluhwein and skip the troubling history.



I just don't understand the appeal of these prune men.


I bought a skiing Santa smoker.





I had to work Allison's last day in Frankfurt.  She suggested she go with Dave to get our Christmas tree since I had to work the following two weekends.  Yes, she traveled over the Atlantic Ocean to spend one of her five precious days running errands and decorating my apartment.  How lucky am I?



No comments:

Post a Comment