Thursday, January 9, 2014

Ski Lessons

On Saturday we arrived at the slopes by 8:00 am to guarantee parking and get the kids fitted for ski lessons.  Their camp lasted from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm and included all the gear.







Dave and I decided to enjoy the unseasonably warm weather and a few hours sans kids.  The ski counselor, explaining she hiked fast so couldn't judge the difficulty,  recommended a trail ending at a "halfway house."  I thought, "We do P90X and I basically ran three half-marathons last summer - how hard could this hike be."  Umm.  Very.  We huffed and puffed for 50 min wondering where is the end.








The view from the top melted feelings of angst.  We drank cappuccino from an outdoor table overlooking Garmisch.





On our way down, we passed great-grandparents hiking up the hill.  Unbelievable.


We returned to watch the last hour of lessons.  Emily "just needed a hug from Saige."







The next day, the kids and I both took lessons.  The first hour, I thought my legs cannot do a pizza, wedge, triangle whatever the hell its called.  By lunch, I began planning for Park City in 2016.  Kelly, here we come.



1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to have you enjoy our winter paradise in 2016! Those views of the mountains look amazing - what a beautiful part of the world. So glad you got out to enjoy and experience it!

    ReplyDelete