Sunday, September 14, 2014

Angri, Italy

My family comes from a very small town in southern Italy called Angri.  My grandmother's cousins still live there and welcomed us to visit anytime.  My inability to speak Italian prevented me from hopping on a plane, so when Giovanna, my Italian AND English speaking relative invited us to come with her, we booked our flights.  I broke my five day rule and decided to stay for seven nights.

Gio and her brother picked us up at the airport and her mother and aunts prepared Sunday dinner.  I wondered when the other dozen guests would arrive to eat all the food.




Angi, Gio's oldest daughter, entertained us. 



After dinner, we walked through the town to see the building where my great-grandmother was born


the Church she attended


and the streets where she spent her youth.



We visited the infamous Uncle Ameal who showed us his art collection.



We ended the day with pizza and Go Fish.


1 comment:

  1. The food is making me salivate! Oh how I wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete