Thursday, December 11, 2014

Pining for Home

My motivation to blog, while dwindling before I went home, is now all but gone. I love living in Europe, especially in a city.  I dread suburbia, white picket fences, and conversions about house projects.  I wonder where I will find my French clothing boutiques, access to raw milk cheeses, and unlimited Gothic cathedrals. Yet, I want to go home.  I miss my family.  I miss my friends.  I never realized how hard it is to connect with people.  "How can you expect relationships like ones you made when you were 18 (and 14, 15 and 16)?" Dave reminds me.

Lucky for me,  Kelly visited for  Thanksgiving reminding me my close community will still be there when we return home.  How will I remember her visit and the rest of this adventure in eight months when I am opening boxes wondering why we needed one more German smoker?  So, Grandma, more blog posts to follow!!




No comments:

Post a Comment