Sunday, December 8, 2019

Catching Up Again

I use this blog as a way to track our travels during this tour so I can make a book without having to rely on my brain for details.  I keep allowing months to go by between posts despite fairly regular travels.  Probably because I am much less enthusiastic than the last time.  I love Europe and am fortunate to have lived here five of the last eight years, but I learned I also love creating my own space without government issued furniture and living in an ocean rather than a fish bowl.  These features can't be separated from the experience.

I also just don't like Vienna.  I know that is an outrageous, shocking comment. "What is wrong with you?" says everyone.  It is socially acceptable to hate DC, but you better appreciate every second you spend in this grand (stuffy, formal) place.  People look at me when I voice any disdain "you just have not traveled enough.  you just don't live in the right place.  This is Vienna."  Like the last phrase should be enough to discredit my feelings.

I still love many places in Europe as will be obvious in future posts, but I am at peace now with my feelings about this city, this tour.  It's part of the experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment