Saturday, December 29, 2012

Back in Time: Day 2

I feared a night in a boutique hotel would result in "Please stop jumping around.  That is fragile.  Shhh.  Do you hear any one else yelling?"  So, I found apartments at a farm ten minutes from Rothenburg.  The kids could feed the animals and run out their energy.  We navigated windey, dark, narrow roads in the rain to find this place.  I stayed calm when the house number in our GPS appeared not to exist.  I ignored Dave's look of distress and called the number I had carefully copied on a yellow sticky.  No answer.  I tried again.  Losing patience, Dave took the phone.  As I read him the number, he gave me a funny look.  "That is my cell number."

I knocked on a random door and thankfully, he could direct us to the right farm.  The kids loved the spacious rooms and the owner brought fresh breads, eggs, marmalade,  coffee and juice in the morning.



After breakfast, we met the animals.


Emily loaded the buckets with cow food and brought them to the 10 cows.  We learned these cows did not produce milk and were raised for meat.



We returned to Rothenburg and strolled the MUCH less crowded streets. (I strategically planned a Sunday night trip.)





The kids picked out bears at the speciality shop.


I just loved the architecture and the market.




We ended the day with delicious Chinese food and a walk on the wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment