Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Check Your Sources

Three different adults with kids raved about the children's exhibit at the Palmagraten.  I confirmed the exhibit's existence on the website - translated by Google.  So last Sunday afternoon, after spending the snowy frigid weekend in our apartment, we defrosted the car, begged the kids to put on coats, and packed snacks and water bottles for the five minute drive.  We loved the train exhibit at the DC Botanical Garden and expected a similar presentation.  We parked 100 yards from the entrance to prevent hearing, "My legs are tired."  For a minute, I feared the place was closed due to snow - a would-be disappointment exacerbated by the effort put into leaving the house.   A patron walked in ahead of us easing my stress.  At the ticket window, I requested passes for the kid's exhibit.  The German woman accepting money looked at me weird.  I asked again in my best Deutsch.  "Nein.  Nein."  If Dave had a bubble for his thoughts, it would have read "What???  But you said...." Refusing to give up on the garden and without an appealing alternative, we decided to check out the Christmas display.

"Hmm.  I really want to pull one of those beautiful ball off the tree."




"I am as tall as a poinsettia."



We did find other areas to explore.




No comments:

Post a Comment