Saturday, March 23, 2013

Happy Belated Birthday!

Once again, time slipped by without a post.  Work disrupted my priorities.  However, I could not allow Dave's birthday to pass unnoticed on the blog.   So back tracking a few weeks....

I picked-up my sous chef early from school so he could help me ice the cake.  Owen sifted the sugar and helped me beat the butter.  Although it tastes delicious, I do find buttercream icing hard to eat now that I know it is basically butter and sugar.  This fact does not stop the kids.



We decorated the table for the guest of honor.


The kids ate dinner while Dave and I enjoyed appitizers and wine.



I asked the kids what they liked best about Dave.  Emily said, "He cleans really well."






1 comment:

  1. Mom and I love buttercream frosting even more because it is just butter and sugar. So simple! So elegant! So delicious! Add a touch of heavy cream and I am a goner.

    ReplyDelete