Monday, December 31, 2018

A Note From Emily

Emily performed at a Christmas Concert at the Rathaus, the Vienna City Hall located on Rathausplatz in the Innere Stadt district.  I forgot my camera but Dave took a few pictures from his phone and Emily described the experience below.






Emily:  We were in line, ready to go on stage in front of five hundred people.  I had never done anything like this before.  Mrs. Heedles was very nervous, for our previous performance had been a few hundred feet from being a total disaster. Our previous performance was at a very fancy hotel, that people whom were very wealthy could probably stay at for a few nights. When we got to the Rathaus, we (the entire choir) put our stuff in an area that I would probably never see again. It was beautiful. We had our own hooks and chairs, and there was a not-so-nice-but-still-very-nice bathroom right across the hall. We practiced for about ten minutes.  Mrs. Heedles then lined us up, but there was still, of course, some kids that weren't paying any attention, and didn't know where they were in the line. While the back of the line was scrambling like eggs, the lady who was introducing us told the front of the line to go. This made the entire line get even more nervous, because Mrs. Heedles didn't know what was going on.


When we got on stage, two boys whispered behind me, "Emily, move a little bit to the left. No! The other left!" Then the other boy said "No Emily you were fine where you were." I decided not to move at all, because I had no room.

Over all, we sang our songs amazingly. We were fantastic, and it was an honor to be a part of that experience. Mrs. Heedles was amazing, as always, and the audience loved us. Mrs. Carry (who was one of my Cross Country couches, and is a High School counselor) was on the flute, and was fantastic. Owen's music teacher was on the piano, and was also splendid.

After the performance, Katja, one of my closest friends, invited my family and I to walk around the Christmas Market with her family. It was so wonderful. Katja is such a wonderful friend, and I had an amazing time.

"Life is about having a good time." -Miley Cyrus

1 comment: