Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Rest of the Adventure


Emily and I took my parents to one of our favorite French cafes, Beaulieu.  We elected to skip the grandiose traditional Viennese cafe to instead enjoy delicious food.  Emily originally planned to hang back, but changed her mind at the idea of cheese.




We visited Sisi's ghost and toured her apartments.  I am not a fan.  I can't figure out why she is so idolized.  She seems selfish and narcissistic.  She obsessed about her appearance. (I mean who has ankle length hair and refuses to have her self photographed after age 20).  She used her money and power to escape rather than to improve much in society.  She neglected her living child....

Plus the museum is filled room after room of place settings. I just don't find china exciting let alone forks and spoons.  Why on earth does one family need dozens of china patterns with service for two hundred?

But my parents enjoyed the journey.



We also squeezed in a soccer match. My father watched Owen play in a few chaotic indoor games.  Owen participates in "Soccer Factory" every Friday.  They rarely hold games, but spend practices building basic skills and scrimaging.  They end each session with a parent versus child game - twenty versus twenty.  This indoor match felt as chaotic as these games.


My parents left a few days later.  I think they missed the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment