Saturday, April 20, 2013

Creating New Comfort Zones

Allison, Suzanne, Julie - you will be shocked.  We ate dinner, attended parties, and hung out at your houses for well over a decade and each time we came over,  you kindly put Daisy and Gibbs in their crates.  Dave slowly adjusted to the furry member of your family, but he always hesitated.  The Thursday before I left for Istanbul, I enterd our apartment, and Hadly, our neighbor's yellow lab greeted me.  Surprised, I looked at Dave he said he invited her to spend the weekend with him and the kids.  What??  After one day of walking and feeding Hadly, she attached herself to Dave.  Friday morning, she seemed to look for him when he went to the mechanics and perked up when he returned.  When I left for Istanbul, I thought my how things change.

Plus, for my birthday, Dave insisted on making me cake - a feat for someone who hates to cook.



In other news, Emily started baseball.  She practices twice a week on her all-boys team and now wears her baseball hat everywhere.  After a soccer season begging her to focus, her enthusiasm for this sport is refreshing.  She also had her first golf lesson this morning and learned how to tip her hat after she putted into the hole.







No comments:

Post a Comment