Sunday, May 5, 2013

Learning Baseball

Emily actually loves baseball.  I say actually because she spent the soccer season picking flowers. (Yes, just like Aunt Jenny.)  She left her first baseball practice telling everyone she hit a home run.  She wears her Rockies baseball hat to school everyday and eagerly anticipates her bi-weekly practices.  When Dave went back to the States two weeks ago, I dreaded practice.  The coaches and parents look like professionals, and I still don't understand what a short stop does.  I feared being asked to do... anything.  Dave assured me I would just have to watch.  After Emily struggled at bat, Coach Brown yelled, "Mom, work with her."  Oh sure.  And what is a bat again?

Rain prevented her from playing last week.  So Dave arrived for her real first game.







No comments:

Post a Comment