Friday, June 21, 2013

Emily's Last Day of Primary

I have to share this e-mail from one of Emily's teachers:




In class today, Emily and Kaitlyn sang Kumbaya to the others during snack. Shortly after, the whole school gathered downstairs for our final assembly of the year. Emily approached me and asked if the two could sing their song to everyone, and I asked her to go and speak to Mr. Weaver about it. He agreed, and Emily spoke with Mr. Benson about her wishes. In the middle of assembly, Emily asked Kaitlyn to join her on stage, and without any hesitation or nervousness, Kaitlyn did. The two did a beautiful job— I don't think there was a dry eye in the place!

As a teacher, I'm thrilled with how far these young ladies have come this year in terms of academics, but also in terms of their confidence and willingness to take risks. It has been a truly amazing year for them both; thank you for all of your support in their growth! I am so lucky to work with parents like you and children like them. While I'm looking forward to summer vacation, I can honestly say that I would have no problem coming into work to spend more time here.

I apologize for the poor video quality, but it's better than nothing; enjoy!

Thanks for a great year, and enjoy your summer holiday,
Bonnie


1 comment:

  1. So cool! You must be one proud momma. Miss all you guys....

    ReplyDelete