Monday, September 2, 2013

Building Dracula's Castle

The kids (and I) love legos.  They play for hours creating worlds filled with monsters, cars, and crazy Gaudi-like buildings.  Emily and I saw an amazing Monster House last Halloween and wanted to build it, but for $200 decided to wait.  A year later, she still talked about it, so we decided to try a smaller project - Dracula's castle.




I let the kids each work on a section.  For each step, they laid out the pieces and put it together, and I checked their work.







We built most of it over one weekend.  For future projects, I learned we need to FINISH it then too.  We waited several weeks for the last section, which meant parts had started to collapse from play.  RE-building proved much harder.


Now, time for the next project....

No comments:

Post a Comment