Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Emily: One Long Night

From Emily:
On the ride to the airport I was having second thoughts about moving.  I was starting to cry and I was feeling a little bit sick to my stomach (but don't worry, I was fine).  Saying our goodbyes was very hard, and we all cried a little.  Getting through security to our gate (surprisingly) wasn't hard at all!! When we were waiting to board, I was taking a video, and there was a kid about my age sitting next to me glaring at me while I was taking the video and at one point said: "What?" I said politely that I was just taking a video and that I wasn't talking to him, but he still looked confused.  Just a funny moment that made me feel better about the trip.



Texting the twins, our neighbors from Virginia who recently moved to Vienna, selfies, and getting ready to take off!

















The flight was very rough, especially because there was a baby sitting two rows in front of us and she was crying basically the entire flight.  I watched the first Jumanji with Owen which was actually really scary, and I kind of enjoyed the second better. Of course, by the end of the flight I was very hungry, and eager to see our neighborhood and apartment.

We came to our apartment to a lovely surprise from our sponsors, friends we had from Germany: a scavenger hunt!! The surprise at the end was a basket full of candy and chocolate (not including the chocolate hippos on each bed).

An hour after we arrived, the twins surprised us and came over for about an hour or two (we were having so much fun that I lost track of time).  The story of them being here is: Our family's are very close, and once we announced that we were  moving to Austria, we all were a little bit sad that we were being seperated.  So, Mrs. Marta got a new job in Austria and we all lived happily ever after!




1 comment: