Monday, August 27, 2018

Introduction to Vienna

You cannot judge these pictures as I am still stuck with my iphone, but I thought they would provide a little hole in which to look.  (One day, we will get all our stuff and maybe even feel settled.)  The embassy offers a two hour tour to introduce the city's highlights.  Despite still being a bit jet lagged, we dragged ourselves up, took the U4 downtown and joined the dozen other new Americans.  The guide inherited his script from someone who had been doing it for a few years, but his charismatic touch drew us into the story.  Vienna is layered with military history, the Hapsburg Dynasty, a famed music and coffee house culture, and just incredible architecture.




These snapshots cannot begin to capture what is here.  I am overwhelmed when I think about how to start exploring it.  Frankfurt opened up quite easily.  One walking tour and I felt quite comfortable in the city.  Here, I don't know where to begin. The next three months, I just want to get oriented.  Right now everything feels tight and confining, but I can see where there is potential to fall in love.








Meanwhile, the bratwursts are incredible!







No comments:

Post a Comment