Sunday, August 12, 2018

Wishing on a Star

Once again we decided to visit the Magical Kingdom before we headed out.  We wanted a relaxing few days not an intensive Disney trip so I booked the Four Seasons resort for five nights.  This amazing hotel offered beautiful pools, a lazy river, basketball courts, a spa, twice-a-day room cleaning...  They even providing little things like water-bottles, sunblock, sunglass wipes, and bookmarks.  I wish I could live at the Four Seasons.

I continue to be amazed at the cult of Disney.  We still had two tickets left from my grandparents 1988 unused purchase which at least cut part of the price.  With early morning "Magic Hours" we hit the park at 730 am and walked as fast as we could to visit the lost boys in Neverland.



We then went to the Hundred Acre Woods and "It's A Small World" - a truly offensive ride - all before the Park officially opened.



Emily talked us into waiting in the "Splash Mountain" line.  Dave and I watched four-year-olds excitedly depart the ride so we tried to put our roller coaster fears aside.  (When we went again on Sunday I whispered to Dave, "I don't think I can do it again."  "I don't think I can either."  Much to our relief and Emily's dismay, the ride would not start.)



I did find the hard core Disney familes fascinating to watch.  People paraded around in full costume not a bit deterred by the oppressive 100 degree heat.  Entire families dressed in matching shirts designed specifically for this vacation.  Everyone seemed to wear mouse ears.  I wondered if anyone else noticed the eurocentric nature of well, everything



We left the park by 1:00 both times to enjoy an afternoon of being waited on at the pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment