Saturday, April 27, 2019

Restaurant: Cucina Cipriano

For part of my many birthday festivities, Dave and I went out to lunch during the week.  I found a  place in the seventh district recently-opened by a young couple from Italy who wanted a restaurant focused on seafood dishes.  He had worked as a fisherman in southern Italy and she is from the Tuscany region.

When we first arrived, Caraola appeared startled and surprised to see a customer.  She handed us German language menu and said she does not speak English.  Fearing we made a mistake,  I whispered to Dave our options as I googled other restaurants in the area.  A few minutes later Andres presented us with a huge platter of raw fish and explained our options for the day.  I was sold.

We spent the next hour enjoying Italian "tortilla chips," grilled octopus, Sardinian pasta, and of course, an amazing caramel dessert.









No comments:

Post a Comment